Tuesday 6 May 2014

My first blog......

Well this is by first blog so here it goes.... Wish me luck!!

As many of you know, the day I decided to do a marathon, 13th February 2014, it changed me and my life. It was a personal reason to me and my family to why I decided to do it and many of you thought I was crazy doing it, especially as I was struggling with Achilles tendinopathy and it was only 49 days till the marathon!!!

Training for the marathon, gave me a focus that I needed and helped me find my love for running again. I cant even begin to tell you how I felt once I completed the marathon and the time I did and the realisation of completing the marathon still hasn't sunk in. 

This blog is going to be about what training I do, what training I have found helps me and others, advice from other runners, coaches and trainers, nutritional advice as well as osteopathic advice. I hope you enjoy reading future posts and any feedback would be much appreciated.

Much love

fudgeybum x

6 comments:

  1. Looking forward to reading your blog Fudgeybum

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great, I need to figure out how to run faster 5k and 10k over the summer. I've done marathon training plans but never anything for shorter races.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good stuff, can't wait for the next instalment

    ReplyDelete
  4. Should be a good read

    ReplyDelete
  5. This should be an interesting blog to follow, I know quite a few physiotherapists that run, but not many Osteopaths. I think us runners we always have things to learn from our fellow runners, from their struggles and success along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look forward to reading the blog :-)

    ReplyDelete